NECA is committed to keeping contractors informed and up-to-date on the information, resources, and COVID-19 guidance and reporting requirements that are changing every day at the local, state and federal level.
ELECTRI has commissioned a research study on "The Effects of COVID-19 on Productivity." The researchers selected are Mike McLin (Maxim Consulting) and Mark Federle (Marquette University). As you know, ELECTRI International is The Foundation for Electrical Construction was established by the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA). It provides funding, conducting, coordinating and transforming research results into meaningful, useful educational and consulting programs and practical publications for electrical contractors.
As the researchers begins their efforts to quantify the impact of COVID-19 on productivity, Maxim Consulting has compiled several immediate actions NECA contractors should be taking in order to protect their interests. Included below are the specifics as well as examples. The recommended action items include:
1. Reserve your rights and put all projects on notice for cost and schedule impacts
2. Clearly document the status of all projects
3. Update your contract language to include pandemics, epidemics, quarantine, restricted access and travel restrictions beyond Force Majeure
4. Apply for federal, state and local financial assistance
5. Establish means to Track Costs
6. Evaluate business interruption insurance coverage
7. Implement a daily process to get updates on projects
8. Increase employee engagement with daily check in with office staff
9. Establish Restart Plans (in accordance with MA/ME/NH guidelines)
10. Know where to find resources and timely information
For the full list of recommendations with templates, examples and more, CLICK HERE.
We hope you find this information useful and will continue to keep you up-to-date on the results fo the study. If you have any questions, please contact us at the Chapter office at 617-969-2521 or on our mobile numbers.
We hope everyone continues to stay Healthy & Connected. Thank you.
Glenn W. Kingsbury, Executive Manager, Mobile 617-721-7339
Kristen Gowin, Assistant Manager, Mobile 339-364-1516
National Electrical Contractors Association - Greater Boston Chapter
106 River Street, West Newton, MA 02465
617-969-2521 - email@example.com